EUBREAST: European Breast Cancer Research Association of Surgical Trials
EUBREAST, the European Breast Cancer Research Association of Surgical Trials, is a voluntary association of highly experienced oncological breast surgeons. Their focus is directed on improving and de-escalating breast cancer treatment wherever possible based on cross-border trials. The only target of clinical trials conducted by EUBREAST is the ultimate benefit of breast cancer patients.
The main objective of EUBREAST are:
- Conduct of high-quality cross-border studies in a large European network and the provision of results in a short period of time
- Prospective coordination of new study designs in order to systematically improve breast cancer surgery according to the clinical need
- Avoidance of unnecessary overlap and parallel structures of clinical trials
- Cooperation between ongoing trials and provision of prospectively planned joint subgroup analyses
- Acceleration and cost-effectiveness of clinical research.
- Promotion of communication among the European community of breast surgeons
- De-escalation of breast cancer surgery for the direct benefit of patients
The founding members of EUBREAST strongly believe in the strength of cross-border clinical trials in Europe. Well-organized breast centers are readily available due to the long history of quality-assured interdisciplinary breast cancer care in Europe, resulting in high-level scientific research so far organized on a national basis. However, cross-border cooperation between surgeons and their interdisciplinary partners is indispensable to ensure rapid and effective progress in the treatment of breast cancer and for the well-being of the patients.
For more information please visit https://www.eubreast.com/
Il paper esito del questionario emesso in relaione al COVID-19
Changes in breast cancer management during the Corona VirusDisease 19 pandemic: An international survey of the European BreastCancer Research Association of Surgical Trialists (EUBREAST) Maria Luisa Gasparri, Oreste Davide Gentilini, Diana Lueftner,Thorsten Kuehn, Orit Kaidar-Person, Philip Poortmans. The Breast 52 (2020) 110-115 è disponibile open access al seguente link https://doi.org/10.1016/j.breast.2020.05.006